Thursday, February 5, 2015

Valdosta Lowndes County Development Authority's,

formerly known as the Valdosta Lowndes County Industrial Authority, director, Andrea Schruijer, recently did an interview on Metro 17. Being the geek I am, I had to check it out. One thing I learned is that the VLCIA/VLDA claim 3280 jobs created in Lowndes County over the last ten years. I would like to know how many jobs were created in existing businesses over that time, along with how many shut their doors and the resulting job losses.

The Development Authority gets well over a million dollars a year from us taxpayers, for which we have received three hundred twenty eight jobs a year. We spend over three thousand dollars a year for every job the Development Authority says we gain through their efforts. I don't know. Do you think we're getting the bang for the buck?

No comments:

Post a Comment